The Next Holiday Classic
1, The Next Holiday Classic (TNHC) song contest is open to songwriters, lyricists and composers who have not earned over $1,000 in songwriting royalties during the past calendar year. Entries must be written or co-written by entrant. All entries submitted must be original songs and shall not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Songs may have multiple co-writers, but only one name should be designated on the entry form. Entrant shall, by entering, indemnify and hold TNHC harmless from and against any claims inconsistent with the foregoing.
2. Entrants may submit up to three (3) original recorded songs online to be considered for the contest. MP3 file format required. Songs lyrics and songwriter credits must be included. Lyrics must be in English and should be of a winter holiday theme. TNHC does not give feedback or critique to entrants.
3. Preliminary screening of all entries for lyrics, melody, composition, originality, and performance will be done by TNHC. Thirty (30) entries will be accepted and placed in one of three weekly semi-finals. Each semi-final will include ten (10) songs. Deadline for song entries is November 15, 2019.
4. The semi-finals will be held the consecutive weeks of November 24, December 1, and December 8, 2009. The three (3) songs receiving the most online votes in each weekly semi-final plus one additional wild card entry, chosen by TNHC, will advance to the final, to be held beginning December 15, and running through midnight Sunday, December 21, 2019. In the final, online votes will count for 90% of the judging, while TNHC judges' voting will count for 10%. The three finalists receiving the most votes will be declared first, second and third place winners and be announced Monday, December 22, 2019. TNHC will use its best efforts to announce the winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays. Note: Voters will be limited to one ballot per week.
5. Prizes: 1st place winner will receive 1 year of professional song services("song plugging") to artists, record labels, music supervisors and publishers in order to attempt to place the song for commercial usage. 2nd Place winner will receive a $50 Amazon gift card. 3rd place winner will receive a $25 Amazon gift card. Remaining finalists will receive $10 Amazon gift cards. Finalists are not eligible for more than one award. Winners will be notified by email or phone and will be required to sign an affidavit confirming that winner holds all rights to the song. Failure to sign and return the form within the required time period or provision of false information may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Affidavits are subject to verification by TNHC and its agents. Entry constitutes permission to use winner's name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
All prizes will be awarded to the first name as it appears on the entry form, and division of prizes among co-writers is the responsibility of the winners. All federal, state, and local taxes, and customs fees, when applicable, are the sole responsibility of winner. TNHC will use its best efforts to send prizes out in a reasonable time frame. If the winner has not received any portion of their prizes within 90 days and has not responded to TNHC communication, TNHC will no longer be responsible for delivery of prizes.
6. IMPORTANT: The first place winner agrees to allow AHIA Music, (ASCAP) the publishing arm of TNHC, the first option to act as the exclusive representative of the winning song (with all rights accorded therein) for a period of eighteen (18) months in order that AHIA Music might seek and manage placement of the song among various artist and media outlets. At the end of that term, if no placement has been secured at the end of that term, all exclusivity privileges will terminate and rights will revert to the writer(s)/copyright owners, unless AHIA Music and the writer(s)/copyright owners, mutually agree to extend the term.
7. IMPORTANT: All entrants agree to all TNHC to use their images, photos, and song in all traditional and social media channels for promotion of the contest.
8. IMPORTANT: All semifinalists agree to allow TNHC to offer their song as a free download throughout the duration of the contest.
9. IMPORTANT: By entering TNHC Song Contest, entrant and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of TNHC which are final and binding in all matters. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official TNHC Rules And Regulations as established herein. Void where prohibited. All federal, International, state and local laws and regulations apply. TNHC reserves the right to cancel the contest due to circumstances beyond its control.